Thank you for visiting our websites and social network pages.
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal information we collect on our Sites, in advertising campaigns or at events related to CARAT DIAMOND. It also describes how we use, disclose and protect this information.
OUR PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR CONSENT
By browsing our Sites or providing us with your personal data, you agree to the rules described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not accept these rules, please do not use or visit our Sites, or provide us with your personal data.
DATA COLLECTED BY CARAT DIAMOND EXCHANGE
We only collect personal data that you are willing to communicate to us, that result from your actions on our Sites and that we need to offer you or improve our services, or for another legitimate reason:
- Personal contact data such as surname, first name, home or e-mail address, telephone number, gender or geographical location;
- Business contact data such as surname, first name, company address, business e-mail, telephone number, gender or geographical location;
- Information about opening an account, subscription details or inquiries;
- Payment information, credit cards and billing addresses;
- Your comments including photos, videos and stories you share with us;
- Your profiles on social networks ;
- Your product preferences.
If you transmit personal data of third parties, such as their personal or business contact data, for example to send them a gift, you are responsible for the validity of this data and its transmission to CARAT DIAMOND. This data will be treated in the same way as any other personal data.
We may collect personal data from third-party data aggregators (e.g. Google), promotional partners, public sources and social networking platforms. This information may include personal data from your profile on a social network, which you authorize that network to share with us in accordance with their rules.
If you do not want a third-party social networking site to attribute data collected through our sites to your account on that social network, you must log out of the relevant social networking site before visiting our sites.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA?
We may collect and use your personal data for a number of purposes, such as :
- Create and access your user account and find your purchase history;
- Send and finalize your orders and purchases;
- Answer your questions or manage your participation in a contest or course;
- Contact you for marketing purposes, with your consent or on the basis of your purchases;
- Combine them with information from third parties in order to understand your needs and offer you a better service (e.g. site personalization, advertising targeted to your interests);
- For reasons of security and maintenance, assessment, risk management, conflicts and archiving.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may disclose your personal data to service providers (e.g. our hosting company or billing company), business or logistics partners (e.g. Swiss Post), marketing and communications agencies or authorities.
We require these third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you accessed our Sites, to comply with all laws relating to personal data.
HOW IS YOUR DATA STORED, SECURED AND MAINTAINED?
We take all reasonable technical and organizational precautions to secure your personal data against loss, unauthorized access and other violations. This data will not be sold or shared with third parties, except as provided in this Privacy Notice.
When the personal information we collect is no longer required for the given purpose, nor for any legal requirement, we destroy or anonymize it. For example, we undertake not to retain your personal data if you show no interest in our products and services two years after the end of your last contact with us.
YOUR RIGHTS - HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can request access to the personal data we hold about you by contacting us at email@example.com. You have the right to inform us if you wish to withdraw your consent, correct, update or delete your personal data from our files. To help us process your request, please provide us with your name and contact details.
You can unsubscribe at any time to stop receiving marketing communications from us by using the "unsubscribe" option or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also restrict the use of tracking technologies (such as cookies, which you can set your browser to warn you before accepting, or you can simply set it to refuse).
CARAT DIAMOND, based in Switzerland, is responsible for the processing of your personal data collected in the context of our Privacy Notice. You can contact us by telephone on +41 79 681 94 10, by e-mail at info@caratdiamond, or by post at CARAT DIAMOND, P.O. Box 134, 1228 Plan-les-Ouates, Switzerland.
Notice on cookies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by the websites you visit, so that information about your browsing on our Sites can be collected.
We use the term "cookie" to refer to any technology that collects information from your device, in particular about your use of our Sites, device identification, IP address and browser type, demographic data or the URL of the page you came from. We also use web beacons and pixels to enable us to count visitors who have viewed our pages or read our promotional messages. They are not used to access your personal data without your consent.
Strictly necessary" cookies are used in particular for :
- remember information you have entered while browsing our Site;
- identify you as a user connected to a Site;
- remember the products and services you have ordered when you reach the checkout page.
Performance cookies are used in particular for :
- provide statistics on how our Site is used;
- study the effectiveness of our advertising;
- detect errors;
- test the different designs of our Site.
Functionality" cookies are used in particular for :
- remember your settings (layout, language, preferences) ;
- tell us if you are connected to our Site;
- share information with partners to provide a service on our Site.
Targeting" cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as "Like" and "Share" buttons. They are used in particular to:
- link to social networks such as Facebook, which may then use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other sites;
- provide information about your visit to advertising agencies to enable them to show you advertisements that may be of interest to you.
Here is information on some of the cookies used on our www.caratdiamond.ch website.
|This tool collects information that enables us to understand interactions with our website, to refine this experience by improving the site and to better understand our visitors. You can block or delete it by modifying your browser settings or by installing the browser add-on to disable Google Analytics. If you wish to unsubscribe from Google Analytics, you can use the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
|Google Adwords is Google's advertising platform. We use it to advertise our content and/or services to a qualified audience. You can find out more about the use of Google cookies here : https://policies.google.com/technologies/types
You can deactivate all cookies via your browser (information available under https://www.howtogeek.com/119458/htg-explains-whats-a-browser-cookie). CARAT DIAMOND reserves the right to make changes to this Cookie Notice, which will be effective immediately upon posting on this Site. CARAT DIAMOND EXCHANGE 2023